Your privacy is a priority at Cotton Seed Distributors Ltd (CSD), and we go to great lengths to protect it.
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and to focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
What information we collect and how we use it
When you interact with CSD, such as when you visit our website, when you purchase CSD products and services, when you submit an On-Farm Investment rebate application, or when you call our sales or support associates, we may collect personal information such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences.
We also collect information for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers and the industry in which we operate, and thus provide more valuable products and services.
We collect information regarding user activities on our websites. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and other users, and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
We may use personal information for:
• to provide products and/or services that you have requested from CSD’s distributors or from CSD direct
• for auditing, research, and analysis to improve CSD’s products and services
• to process On-Farm Investment rebate applications
• to process membership applications and renewals, and to update member details and profile information
• to fulfil requests for information
• to send information on relevant CSD products, services and events to members and other customers
• to send to members and other customers, information on other products, services and events which we think may be of interest to them
• to alert members and other customers to suppliers of products and services which we think may be of interest to them
• to send members subscription renewals, voting papers or other information required by the Constitution
• to communicate with members on issues relevant to their membership
• to communicate with members and other customers on issues relevant to transactions with CSD
• for CSD’s internal marketing, research and analysis purposes to assist us in better understanding our market, our members, growers who purchase CSD’s products from CSD or from our distributors, the businesses and needs of members and growers, and their views about our products and services and other products and services which we think may be of interest to them.
What happens if you do not provide personal information?
If you do not provide the information requested by CSD, you may not be able to become a member of CSD, or you may not be able to receive the products and/or services and/or information you requested.
When we disclose your information
CSD takes your privacy very seriously. CSD does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
If you have applied for an On-Farm Investment rebate, CSD will need to disclose the personal information in your application, to the rebate administrators and rebate auditors, and to the CSD distributor/s from whom you purchased the cotton planting seed the subject of the rebate application.
There are also times when it may be necessary or advantageous for CSD to make certain personal information about you available to distributors or other companies with which CSD has a strategic relationship, or which perform work for CSD, to better enable them to provide CSD products and services to you.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you for national security or law enforcement reasons, or in the other circumstances specified in the National Privacy Principles or Australian Privacy Principles.
How we protect your personal information
CSD takes precautions’ including administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
Our company wide commitment to your privacy
As we said, CSD takes protecting your privacy very seriously. To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate these guidelines to CSD employees, and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
The Privacy Officer
Cotton Seed Distributors Ltd
PO Box 117
Wee Waa NSW 2388, Australia
Telephone: (02) 6795 000
Fax: (02) 6795 4966
Monsanto Company values the privacy of individuals who visit the web sites which are operated throughout the world by Monsanto or its subsidiaries and adheres to the privacy standards which have been adopted by the countries in which Monsanto companies operate. This statement sets forth the important information which individuals who visit these sites need to know about how Monsanto companies collect and use personal information from web site visitors.
Please read this policy carefully. By visiting a Monsanto web site and using the services provided on that site, you are indicating your agreement to Monsanto's use of your personal information as set out in this Policy.
This Policy is intended to be in compliance with the applicable privacy laws and regulations of each country in which Monsanto operates and from which personally identifiable information is collected. To the extent the laws of a country may prohibit Monsanto from using and sharing personal information in a way described in this Policy, the Policy and Monsanto's practices shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such local laws.
Collection of Information Monsanto web sites collect personally identifiable information only from individuals who voluntarily choose to provide the information through the web site. (In this Policy the foregoing information is referred to as "Personal Information.") That Personal Information may be collected in several different ways:
- Some sites may permit users to request a "user i.d." and password which can be used on future visits to the site. Visitors to the site may be asked to supply their name, geographic location and some information about their business or occupation or other reason for interest in the site. In addition, some sites permit users to supply an e-mail address to sign up for Monsanto newsletters. Other sites may include feedback or comment forms whereby users can submit questions or comments to Monsanto. (In this Policy, the foregoing information is referred to as "User Information.")
- Some sites may permit users to enter into transactions with Monsanto or to take advantage of services provided by Monsanto to its customers through that site or through its offices around the world. On such sites, users will be required to provide detailed information necessary to enable Monsanto to process the transaction and to provide the goods or services requested by the visitor. Visitors may be requested to provide financial information, including credit card or bank information, in connection with such transactions. Visitors may also be asked to provide information about the pesticide and other licenses which they hold in order to determine whether Monsanto can lawfully sell the products requested by the visitor. (In this Policy, the foregoing information is referred to as "Transactional Information.")
- From time-to-time our site may request additional information from users by means of surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose whatever additional information may be requested. Information requested through surveys and contests may include additional demographic information. (In this Policy, the foregoing information is referred to as "Survey Information.")
In addition to the foregoing Personal Information, each site automatically logs information about a visitor from the browser used to access the site (e.g., Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc.). This includes information about the I.P. address of the visitor, the pages in the site which are visited from that address and the web site which the user visited just prior to the Monsanto site. (In this Policy, the foregoing information is referred to as "Visit Information.") While some jurisdictions consider IP addresses to be personal information, none of this Visit Information is used by Monsanto for direct or indirect identification of the individual user who is accessing the Monsanto site. Visit Information will be used by Monsanto to diagnose problems with its web servers, to administer, design and construct its web sites, to track visitor movements on the web sites and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use only.
Monsanto's Use of Your Personal Information Your Personal Information may be used to communicate with you about your use of our sites, to let you know about changes to our services or our site or to provide services to you or to improve our understanding of what visitors want and need to see on the sites. In particular:
- User Information may be used by Monsanto primarily to enhance the usability and friendliness of the Monsanto web sites and to ensure that the information which is provided is timely and relevant and meets the needs of our visitors. Monsanto may also use the information which visitors voluntarily furnish through these sites to provide information and promotional material to persons who have visited the Monsanto sites and to process specific requests for information which visitors may make. (See "Opting In / Opting Out" below if you do not wish to receive such materials from Monsanto.)
- Transactional Information will be used by Monsanto to process and complete the transaction for goods or services requested by the visitor.
- Survey Information will be used in a manner similar to User Information but will be used primarily in aggregate form to provide Monsanto with information on customer needs, product design, market demand, etc.
Also, you should know that your Personal Information, as well as Visit Information collected at a Monsanto site, may be used by Monsanto security personnel if deemed necessary to protect Monsanto from a threat or other perceived security risk and such information may be shared with law enforcement authorities if appropriate.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information Monsanto may share Personal Information with others for a number of purposes:
- We may provide contact information to our trade partners, advertisers and other interested parties so that they may contact you directly to furnish you information about their products and services. (As used in this Policy, "Trade Partners" means businesses not owned or operated by Monsanto but which provide compatible goods or services which may be desired by or potentially useful for visitors to the Monsanto web sites.) (See "Opting In / Opting Out" below if you do not wish to receive such materials from Trade Partners.)